- I read two books, both through Kindle Unlimited. I'm not very good at book reviews, but I'm going to give it a try.
- Witching You Were Here by Amanda M. Lee. This is the third in a series about a family of witches in a very small Michigan town. Lots of humor but it's not really a comedy. A fairly quick read. The setting is very important - it's winter and a major snowstorm plays a role. If you don't like sarcasm, this is not the book for you.
- Burning Man by Alan Russell. Police procedural set in Los Angeles. The protagonists are a detective and his dog. In addition to the humans and canine, the weather - the Santa Ana Winds in particular - is also an important character. I liked this one, and will pick up the second in the series. The dialogue can be a little much (no one is that quick-witted) but a good story and interesting character development.
- Created my meal plan for the week and stuck to it for the most part. Did order out one night because we were both not interested in cooking. The new recipe was Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal from 5 Dollar Dinners. It was heavenly. My picture is not great - go to the website for a much better one. I used frozen berries since fresh are either not available now or way too expensive and it worked great. I had a piece for my lunch the next day - it's just as good at room temperature as it is hot. Definitely putting this into the rotation.
- This one isn't complete in that I haven't gone yet, but I did buy tickets to go see Eddie Izzard in June. Went to his concert the last time he was in Seattle, and he puts on a great show. Absolutely hysterical. He's at the Paramount, which is a lovely restored theater. I can't wait!
That's it for this week. Come back next Saturday for another exciting installment!